"Exclusive Update: Death in Paradise Star Spills Beans on Danny John-Jules Return!"




 Death In Paradise star Ralf Little says Danny John-Jules is 'always welcome back' on the BBC detective drama, amid fans' call for him to return to the programme


The actor - who plays much-loved detective Neville Parker in the BBC detective drama - said he would love to see Danny John-Jules, who played Dwayne Myers, make a return to the show in the coming series. Dwayne was there from the start of the BBC drama, eventually leaving a few series later when his character went travelling.


During an Instagram Q&A, Ralf was asked whether Danny would be making another appearance in this series after a successful cameo in a Christmas special during Neville's reign over the Saint Marie police force.


"No, he's not. He came back for the last Christmas special and was a legend," he said, "He's a legend Danny. I used to watch Red Dwarf with Danny. He's a real hero of mine and what a dude he is. He is always welcome. He's always welcome back as far as I'm concerned."


Ahead of making his cameo last year, Danny admitted it was "always a pleasure" to be back.Speaking about his return, he said at the time: "It’s always a pleasure going back to the Caribbean.


"And after four years away, fitting back into the fold should be seamless as I know all the new leading cast members already. I look forward to bringing Dwayne and this tenth anniversary special script to life."Danny had claimed the show had "hit a brick wall", giving that as the real reason why he departed the show.


He said: "From hearing the same questions as I was hearing since series one, I thought, 'This show’s probably hit a brick wall.' I mean, think about it. I'm answering the same questions as I did the year before, the year before, the year before.


"I thought, 'Is that it?' and seven years later I thought, 'You know what? I just want to get back on stage.'"Danny opened up about his perception of the show in the four years he was absent from the programme.


"I was away for four years and, as you can see, nothing happened in four years. So they called me back. When I left for four years, I’ll tell you what, I wasn't in the show for four weeks, four years ago," he shared, "I was in the show for seven years and, you know what? I did the same interview for seven years. I had the same questions from 100 journalists, so I thought, 'Okay, it’s time to go.'"